Qualifications and personal qualities:
- The applicant must hold a master`s degree or equivalent in the field of pharmacy, medicinal chemistry, biochemistry, cheminformatics, bioinformatics or a related discipline.
- The applicant must have documented experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Binding asssay development
- Fragment screening
- Virtual screening
- Experience in several of the listed areas and/or addtional experience with surface plasmon resonance (SPR), BLI or a related technique will be advantegeous
- Experience from related research projects will be considered favourable.
- The candidate must demonstrate a strong commitment and enthusiasm for hit discovery using fragment and virutal screening, for research in general, and to work as part of an international team of PhD students.
- The candidate must be able to work independently and interactively in a team setting
- A structured approach to work and excellent communication skills and fluency in both written and spoken English are required.
In addtion, the applicant has to comply with the ESR rule of the funding agency:
ESRs are those who:
- at the time of recruitment are within the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research career and do not hold a doctoral degree.
- have not resided or carried out the main activity (e.g. work, studies) in the country to which they would like to be recruited “for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date” (mandatory to provide supporting documentation proving the place(s) of residence or work during the previous 3 years). Mobility rules are applied to the residence and not to the nationality.
Applicant whose education is from another country than Norway, need to also attach a certified translation of the diploma and transcript of grades to English or a Scandinavian language, if the original is not in any of these languages. It is required that the applicant enclose a review from NOKUT whether the education (bachelor and master degree) in question is of a scope and level that corresponds to the level of a Norwegian master’s degree. Please see www.nokut.no/en for more information about NOKUT’s general recognition. The review from NOKUT may take some time and the application should be sent to NOKUT as soon as you have decided to apply for the position. If no answer within the application deadline, you may enclose documentation from NOKUT that they have received your application.
Language qualifications: http://www.uib.no/en/med/115526/english-language-requirements-phd-admission
Organized research training (PhD program):
The candidate must take part in the University of Bergen approved PhD programme leading to the degree within a time limit of 3 years. You must have admission to the organized research training (PhD program) at the Faculty in order to qualify for the position.
Application for admission to the PhD programme, including a project plan outline for the training plan must be submitted no later than three months after the date of commencement.
PhD-positions are fixed term positions. You cannot be employed in a PhD-position for more than one fixed term period at the same institution or have had similar employment at an institution in the region.
We can offer:
- Exciting development opportunities as part of your role in a strong professional environment
- salary at pay grade 54 (code 1017/pay framework 20.10) NKR 479 600 before taxes, in the state scale. Further increases in salary will be based on seniority in the position.
- enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- good welfare benefits
Your application must include:
- a brief account of the applicant`s research interests and motivation for applying for the position
- certified copies of diplomas and transcripts of grades. Applicant whose education is from another country than Norway, need to also attach a certified translation of the diploma and transcript of grades to English or a Scandinavian language, if the original is not in any of these languages. It is required that the applicant enclose a review from NOKUT (both bachelor and master degree) whether the education in question is of a scope and level that corresponds to the level of a Norwegian master’s degree. Please see www.nokut.no/en for more information about NOKUT’s general recognition. This may take some time and we recommend you to apply as soon as you know you will apply for this position. If no answer within the application deadline is obtained, please enclose documentation from NOKUT that they have received your application
- documentation of language skills (English) http://www.uib.no/en/med/115526/english-language-requirements-phd-admission
- complete list of publications and scientific work you want to be evaluated
- any publication in your name
- two referees (name and contact information)